My 50th Birthday has come and it is one I have dreaded. Yes, I know the alternative and I am greatful. Yet I feel like I have gone from being a miscievious, carefree girl to suddenly the older women who was young and lovely. I notice now that Pat and I are not the youngest in the room. I try to make lemonade from lemons and face challenges head on with such grace, gratitude and humor. And just when I have my birthday epiphany. I realize I am loved and will have this wonderful family, hopefully for the next 50 years.
50 things about turning "50"
1. Ability to laugh at oneself
2. Grass is never greener on the other side.
3. It's smart not to be the victim
4. Understanding that money is not happiness
5. Loving is an act of giving, not receiving
6. Gratitude is the basis for a happy life
7. Know your strengths
8. Accept a compliment
9. Have at least one amazing travel experience
10. Have a treasured hobby
11. Have at least one great love of her life
12. You find it easier to take life less seriously
13. You have a greater appreciation of life
14. Your more at peace
15. You have a reason for telling the same stories
16. Your wisdom
17. Your not afraid to have opinions
18. A ridiculously expensive handbag
19. You can be as grumpy as you wish
20. You begin to feel settled in life
231 AARP kept track of your age for sometime
22. Your hair goes gray
23. You wake up early and watch the sunrise
24. You forgive yourself
25. You have a reason for loosing things
27. Believe in a cause bigger than oneself
28. Try to get 8 hours of sleep regulary
29. You really didn't have to put up with all the B.S.
30. All of the stuff dosen't matter
31. Beauty is not one size fits all
32. You have the ability to say "NO" without guilt
33. Have the courage to stand up for what you believe in
34. Learn what other people think of you is none of your business
35. Don't sweat the small stuff
36. Have the confiedience to take your own self to the movies
37. Have a no guilt day at home in her jammies
38. Regular scheduled Manicures and Pedicures
39. Owning a home dosen't tie you down-it gives you a place to eat and watch bad T.V.
40. Good parents take little credit for there children
41. Listen to people who disagree with-it means openng your mind to change
42. Genorosity is the most important thing in life
43. Has a child under 10 who adores her
44. A mate who accepts her unconditonally
45. A home that makes her smile as she walks through the door
46. A cool pair of glasses
47. Accepts help when she needs it
48 Money and Power don't make someone nice
49. It's not all about sex
50 Knows how to keep a secret.
SO WITH THAT BRING ON 50!!!!